Meditation is an oft-used tool in the spiriutal toolbox, buy why? What are the purposes of meditation? What forms can it take? Who should venture to meditate? How does it fit into Pagan practice?
In this contemplative episode, Amanda and Jacob attune to the vibrational hum of the universe for an insightful and varied discussion about their experiences with meditative practice and how those fit into the Paganosphere. Along the way, there's talk about meditational goals, methods, types of meditation, journeying, the role of our senses, focus, attention, connection, altering consciousness, the use of mind-altering substances, self-knowledge, awareness, effort, using caution, expectations, and more...
- Thanks to Sarah, Dylan, and Matthew!
- The Last Keepers (2013): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1716767/
- Love Magic, by Lilith Dorsey: https://www.amazon.com/Love-Magic-Potions-Getting-Keeping/dp/1578635926/
- Elegant Yokai Apartment Life (anime): http://www.crunchyroll.com/elegant-yokai-apartment-life
- Spirit Circle (manga): http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/spirit-circle/volumes
Some Meditation Links:
- Meditation: In Depth (NIH): https://nccih.nih.gov/health/meditation/overview.htm
- Harvard neuroscientist: Meditation not only reduces stress, here’s how it changes your brain, by Brigid Schulte (The Washington Post): https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2015/05/26/harvard-neuroscientist-meditation-not-only-reduces-stress-it-literally-changes-your-brain/?utm_term=.501d2b657b31