In this wonderfully grim exploration, Amanda, Jacob, and (returning friend) Dani go beyond the pale... for a hallowing chat with a most morbid special guest, Angie! Trained as a Death Midwife and Certified in 2011 by Nora Cedarwind Young, Angie is one of the founders of the Death Midwife movement. She is also a Rite of Passage Officiant, Senior Minister at Earth Traditions Church, Emeritus Board Member of the Council for a Parliament of the World’s Religions, and Pagan Student Advisor at the University of Chicago. She is a member of the National Home Funeral Alliance and the National Chaplains Association. Angie is committed to educating individuals, small groups, families, and entire communities or church groups to proudly reclaim family directed choice at end of life. With many thanks to both her and our dear friend Wee Bee, it's with ghastly delight we present this edifying dance with the dead.
Treading along this mortal coil, there's talk about: End-of-life care and planning, funerary practices, body disposition, transitions, cultural views on death and dying, elder care, grief and mourning, rites of passage, ancestor work, prolonging life and death, closure, what Death Midwives do, comfort and intimacy, decomposition, and oodles more.
- Mushroom Death Suit (TED Talk): https://www.ted.com/talks/jae_rhim_lee
- Final Rights: Reclaiming the American Way of Death, by Lisa Carlson and Joshua Slocum: https://www.amazon.com/Final-Rights-Reclaiming-American-Death/dp/0942679342
- The Death Midwife: https://deathmidwife.org/
- Earth Traditions: http://www.earthtraditions.org/
- Threshold Singers of the Chippewa Valley: https://thresholdchoir.org/chippewa-valley
- Haides (Neokoroi): http://www.neokoroi.org/religion/gods/haides/
In this insightful episode, the triumverate is joined by Shela, who's a local divination darling, seasoned tarot consultant, and creatrix of The Seer's Path website (an online community for exploring divination). Together, they look deep into the spread of all things divination and have a naturally clairvoyant time along the way!
Why is divination such a big part of Pagan practice? And just how is it supposed to work? What are the pros and cons of reading for yourself? Or for others? Why's Tarot so great? Can divination be a group experience? And do divinitory tools have consciousness? Open yourself the the limitless, find the wisdom revealed, and let spirit guide you on a journey through these questions and many, many more. The Queen of Nipples commands it!
- Soul Seer Tarot: http://www.soulseertarot.com/
- The Seer's Path: http://www.theseerspath.com/
- The Seer's Path (Facebook): https://www.facebook.com/seerspath/
- Once Upon A... SQUIRREL!: http://www.onceuponasquirrel.com/
- Aimee's Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ajsprocket
Music: Rebecca E. Tripp (http://www.crystalechosound.com)